Exchanging business cards is an age-old tradition. Even in the digital era, business cards are an excellent way of spreading the word about your business. In a nutshell, your business card is what can make or break your great first impression.
At Inform Print, we have worked with a myriad of clients. Therefore, it suffices to say that being a professional business card maker, we know one or two things about how to design an effective business card. In case you are wondering, what an ideal business card should look like, you have come to the right place.
What should you include on your card?
While some things are optional, there are some basic things that you cannot forget to mention in your business card.
Your name: if you do not include your name on the card, how do you think people will know how to address you when they contact you?
- The logo or business name: Your business card must contain your business name or its logo.
- A tagline: Let recipients know what your business’s core idea is. Make sure you keep it short.
- Your contact info: This is because people want to connect with you. Mention your email address, your phone number, and your business address.
- Your social media information: Social media happens to be the biggest networking platform and for good reasons. People can easily and instantly connect with you on social media at any time. So mention your social media profile links on the card.
- Your website: Mentioning your website address on your business card is important as you want people to find your products and services online.
Choosing the right font is imperative
If you consider your business cards a chance to make a connection with potential clients, you will know how important it is for your business card to be eye-catchy. However, it is a fact that lots of your cards might wind up thrown out in the trash. So then, how do you make sure people hold on to your business cars and contact you when they need your services? The trick lies in using the right fonts for your business card. The right choices of fonts cannot be overstated. The font is what really drives your message away.
While there are thousands of choices on the internet, most professional business cards use fonts in the Arial, Courier New family, or Calibri. Therefore, you may want to steer clear of Comic Sans and cartoony fonts unless you are going for a whimsical look.
A great card design matters
Whether you are looking to rebrand an existing business or launch a new company, you want to make sure your business card design looks professional. Let Inform Print help you design a business card to encourage thoughtful branding that helps ensure you and your brand.